Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Martha Owns Emeril



Well, I'm stilling working the bugs out of my website and blog postings. The process of tweaking and fine tuning is a serious one and rather time consuming. So please bare with me. 

*This just in: Martha Stewart buys the Emeril Lagasse franchise! WOW! Mostly she bought the rights to his cookbooks, tv show and kitchen products for $45 million with stock options. His 11 restaurants and corporate office were left alone. 

Martha Stewart Living said the deal will "contribute immediately to our performance", adding $8 million in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization. The acquired assets generated $14 million in revenue in 2007.

I don't know what to say other than I don't like Martha. She's evil........EVIL! She sucks the mere fabric of creativity out of the universe, and crams everything into cutesy packaging. All that PLUS she cheats. That's right folks, cheats. Though I can't fault Emeril for taking the money! It's just a shame to see that he'd need the money bad enough to take this buyout. Oh well. 


No comments: